Straight Talk has found a winner in the newly available Samsung Galaxy Proclaim which operates on the Verizon network. The Proclaim runs the latest Android 2.3 operating system giving you all of the ease and convenience of a new smart phone. For
$179.99 $149.99 plus $45/month, you can get the latest smart phone features, unlimited service, and the best nationwide network access.
Straight Talk from WalMart is a pay-as-you-go service that requires no contracts. You have the option of a low $30/month plan (not with this phone) or an unlimited US National $45/month plan or a $60/month international plan. You ‘refill’ your service monthly, or you can automatically refill. Either plan can result in cutting your wireless bill in half when compared to a typical plan from Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T.
With Straight Talk, the phone you select determines the network that you are assigned. All previous Android phones used the Sprint Network. If you travel a lot, you can find yourself in a non-service area easily. The Proclaim is the first Android phone that is available on the Verizon network. The Verizon network has arguably the largest nationwide coverage – so, you are almost never without cell service.
The Straight Talk unlimited plan includes all the services you need for voice, text, and data – with no confusing options. The Unlimited Plan has:
- Unlimited Nationwide calls
- Unlimited Text or Picture Messages Nationwide
- Unlimited Mobile Web Access
- Unlimited calls to 411
Combine the right service (Verizon) with the right phone (Samsung Galaxy Proclaim) running the right O/S (Android 2.3), and you have:
- Android 2.3
- 3.5 inch touch screen (large, but not bulky)
- 3MP camera/video recorder (high quality)
- Bluetooth (to connect to your car or ear piece or PC wirelessly)
- GPS (lets you navigate around town on foot or in your car)
- WiFi (connects you to the internet at Starbucks)
- Instant Messaging (chat with friends)
- Multitasking (switch between apps)
- access to over 450,000 Android apps
For basic information about the difference between WiFi and cellular service, read the article Smartphone WiFi and Cell Basics. For more detail on the smartphones available from Straight Talk – read this Straight Talk Smart Phone Comparison article.
You can now get your Samsung Galaxy Proclaim at http://www.straighttalk.com - I got mine today.